18.4.10

E-Learning Week 7 - Reflection

What was the most important thing you learned this week? What kind of questions/ideas/experiences this week’s activities raised for you?

I will take Chiara's example and talk about the conference I attended, E-learning conference 2010. I got a lot of inspiration through that and when the materials are put up, I hope there is a possibility to look at them. In the conference I had this e-learning course in mind several times. But I will not talk about the conference, since there are more important issues to be discussed. I learned that there is a possibility that without the group leader things get done as well. Chiara was so kind this time as to lead the forces, thus I was happy that other people take the lead as well!

What is your evaluation of this week's groupwork? (What did go well and what did not? How did groupwork influence fulfilling your personal learning contract?)
Describe what has changed in your personal learning environment and in group environment?

Concerning group work I will reflect on Chiara's post, that the communication was not all that terrible, since she got hold of the groupwork to her hands and pushed us into working. I think we would have done it anyway, but work and school and other down-to-earth activities kept the team busy on the given times (one-two people were present, still). As far as the tasks are divided, I think people do not have to be online at the same time, everyone can improve/add something to the discussion later. I remember that everyone had their excuses, thus there should be other communication options/means to collaborate. The contract did not fulfill its purposes from the leadership point of view, but I think that everything is still on track.
We have not changed our environment yet, but I think that we should place the final product somewhere else than Pbworks (but I am growing to like the environment for this course a bit).

My personal learning environment is the same, I think. I still use a blog, which is a kind of portfolio for my learning experience. I use Skype for chats and task division, and E-Learning course for task monitoring.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey,
I like your post! First thing which came to my mind was the saying, something like this: it is not important who teaches, but from whom one learns. :) But of course a well-educated course facilitator has an important role to play.

I just realized that people who work in the same group have also very different understanding of its progress. Some are very satisfied, some are complaining, some are neutral. This is a nice example of variety of people and their understanding of what could be satisfied at a given point of time and taking into account available resources.

Cheers,
Terje

Unknown said...

Hi!!!
I have just discovered you mentioned me in your blog :).
As Terje said, there are different understandings of the same thing... and in my opinion this is a very good thing!!!
Anyway, to be honest I visited your blog because I wanted to thank you for the hard work and for coordinate us. I sincerly think that we would not be able to manage everything in such a good way without your support. So to be brief, as Alice always says "Thanks God, you are here!".

MK said...

Oh cool :) Thank you too, you have been very constructive as well, I like working with you although there has been some struggle with our groupwork.