29.9.09

Introduction to digital audio with Nuno Correia.

I made a podcast for learning French sounds.


The advertisement of the podcast.
  •  Raw material


Raw ad file by brit@

  • Final version
  
French podcast ad
  by  brit@ 


You can find the original files in RapidShare.
As a free user you have to wait approximately 90 seconds before downloading the files. Choose the free user option.

FINAL PODCAST AD [zip]


The original podcast.


I present my podcast in a SoundCloud-packed WAV-format.
  • Raw material: 

Raw French Podcast by brit@
  • The final version:
     
    French Podcast  by  brit@

    You can find the original files in RapidShare.
    As a free user you have to wait approximately 90 seconds before downloading the files. Choose the free user option.

    FINAL PODCAST [zip]

    Raw material

    I started off with 4 recordings (raw material) and continued with searching Edith Piaf's "La vie en rose" for the soundtrack, as the last story talked about the song. I introduced the podcasts, gave two sessions and finished the podcast with an ending. I then tried to fix the background sound mostly manually, as I have the older version of Audacity.

    Sounds

    Then I tried to start thinking about the sounds and I downloaded a few, and "played" manually with the duck (or envelopes), and some effects were recorded by me during the process. I also had to fix some poor recordings and pasted the sounds into the text, thus the different sound of my voice.

    Final steps

    Finally I compressed and normalised the whole thing. I was a bit puzzled how I would end the podcast, as the song remained singing and I could not find the suitable ending for it, but then I downloaded an enthusiastic crowd sound and that seemed like a perfect ending (it also hid the final sounds).

    Hope you enjoy my podcast!

    No comments: